The GREAT LAKES CONGRESS, Inc.
GLC No-Frills Series
Purpose: GLC Inc. presents this educational series in order to promote and encourage interest in the study of horses and the hobby of model horses, and to provide opportunities to individuals for the purpose of improving or developing their capabilities regarding model horse judging skills. We welcome new faces and all skill levels. Please join us!
|Download the No Frills show packet in .pdf format||Download the No Frills show packet in Word format||Download the No Frills classlist in .pdf format||Download the No Frills classlist in Word format|
Huntley Park District, 12015 Mill Street, Huntley, IL
Show hall opens at 7:15 am and judging starts at 8am.
NAN “Day of Contact”/Hostess - Lisa Esping
NAN “Day of Contact”/Hostess - Liz Cory
|April 12, 2014
All Mini Show
NAN “Day of Contact”/Hostess - Marilou Mol
August 23, 2014
NAN “Day of Contact”/Hostess - Jamie Rott
September 13, 2014
NAN “Day of Contact”/Hostess - Liz Cory
|October 18, 2014
Youth Show/Fun Day
Hostess/Host— Jamie Rott/Liz Cory
December 6, 2014
NAN “Day of Contact”/Hostess - Jamie Rott
- Entry fee for each show is $35 ($25 for GLC members). Proxy horses may be shown at $3 per horse per class, up to ten (10) horses; beyond that the proxy entrant will pay the regular $35 entry fee. There is no proxy discount for GLC members.
- Hall space is limited. Entries will NOT be reserved without payment or a completed entry form (see attached) for this series. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Your entry fee buys you ONE table for show/display/sales. Extra tables must be purchased separately. Fees for extra tables are the same as entry fees.
- If you have fewer than 25 horses, you are asked to use a ROUND table. LONG tables will be reserved for larger showstrings.
- No fee/entry sharing is allowed. Everyone must personally own the models they are exhibiting, unless they are being proxy shown.
- Proxy entries must clearly mark their entry form as a Proxy Entry and the entry will not be allocated table space (this shall be the responsibility of the proxy shower unless other arrangements are made).
- GLC, Inc’s Refund Policy is as follows: No refunds shall be given unless the paid entrant’s spot can be filled by another entrant.
- Please complete the entry form (www.greatlakescongress.com), and pay via PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org). You may also mail your entry to Great Lakes Congress, Inc., 12172 S. Rt. 47, Suite 204, Huntley, IL 60142. Checks or Money Orders must be made payable to Great Lakes Congress, Inc.
- Please note: There will be a $55 charge for any checks returned for insufficient funds (bank fee plus $10). In addition to the insufficient funds charge, the check writer will be asked to pay cash/money order for any other shows, raffle tickets, or silent auction items for the next 12 months. If two checks are returned for insufficient funds within the space of two years, GLC reserves the right to deny future show entries.
CLICK HERE for the No Frills Series Entry Form.
GLC Member Incentive
- All GLC members receive a $10 discount on shows. Thus, their cost is $25 to enter a show. Membership is $35/year for adults; $15/year for youth. Membership runs on the calendar year. For more information about membership, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Members have the first opportunity to enter the No Frills Series shows and to purchase special runs offered exclusively to members.
Day of Show Information
- The judges will be available for feedback on your entry when requested. Judges will give a detailed summary of their judging appraisal of each class as needed or requested.
- We will be applying for all shows to be approved for NAMHSA membership. NAN rules will be applied at those shows that are NAN approved.
- Models are to be identified with stringed tags. Side A: breed and gender; Side B: horse's name and owner's initials.
- We will have three rings running simultaneously. Please listen for your division and classes!
- Classes will be placed first through sixth place. Recycled flat ribbons and recycled rosettes will be awarded during the series.
- Entrants are allowed three horses per class in halter, two in performance. Up to two (2) additional horses may be entered per halter class at the cost of $1.00 each. The entrant shall place the additional fee next to the extra horse(s) s/he is entering. The entrant is responsible for having correct change as GLC, Inc. cannot guarantee having small bills.
- No animals and no smoking are allowed at any of our events. Thank you!
Raffle and Silent Auction Information:
We will have a few special raffle and silent auction items at each show. You never know what you’re going to find! We also accept donations of items to include in the raffle and auction. These donations are tax-deductible as GLC, Inc. is a non-profit organization.
Halter Division Information
Rare Plastic Halter: ALL test run models and any special runs totaling 35 and fewer horses. Finish differences (gloss vs. matte) are not considered separate runs, so only editions where the glossy and matte combined are 35 and fewer will go in this division. Please note that GLC Performance Challenge and Stone Design-A-Horse models go in this division. These classes (with the exception of the Non-Realistic Color class) will be judged on breed standards.
Non Plastic Rare Halter: ALL test and custom glazed china models and runs 10 and fewer. These classes (with the exception of the Non-Realistic Color class) will be judged on breed standards.
Custom and Artist Resin classes: These are two separate divisions. They will be held concurrently with entries divided within the ring. For example, the judge will call CM/AR Arabians. The CMs will be put on one side of the ring, while ARs will be put on the other side of the ring. The judge will then judge them as two separate classes. Entries are 3 horses/class, so an entrant can have 3 CM Arabians and 3 AR Arabians.
- Each halter horse may show in only one breed class. Entrants may not show a horse in one class, then change its breed and show it in another class. NOTE: if the judge removes a horse from a class due to its breed (ex: a Morab in the "Other Light" class when it should be in "Half-Arabian/NSH"), the horse may be entered in the correct breed class if that class has not been closed.
- ALL models that are not pure breeds or registerable breeds MUST go into the mixed breed classes.
- Half-Arabian/NSH: All half-Arabian crosses (registerable as Half-Arabians with the Arabian Horse Association) and all Arab horse crosses that are traditionally 1/4 or more Arabian, including but not limited to NSH, Morab, and Pintabian. Welaras should not be in this class, as they are considered ponies.
- All Welsh Cobs and Welsh Ponies show in the Ponies classes.
- Akhal Tekes show in the Other Light Breeds classes.
- Spanish Mustangs show in the Mustang Classes.
- Hackney Ponies show in the Ponies classes.
- Carriage Breeds: Friesians, Cleveland Bays, Gypsy Vanners, Hackney Horses, Doles, Norman Cobs, Dutch Tuigpaards, Orlov trotters, Fredericksborgs, Kladrupers, etc.
- For the OF Rare China/Non-Plastic/Factory Resin division:
* Please put any gaited horses into the Other Pure/Mixed Breeds class
The Other Miscellaneous performance class is for entries that do not fit into the Other English and Other Western performance classes. Champs are to be done by points, with consideration given to horses showing and placing in only one class.
Champs are to be done by points, with consideration given to horses showing and placing in only one class.
Non-realistic classes include woodgrain and decorator colors. These classes are judged on collectability or workmanship (depending on division), not breed, and will receive yellow NAN cards.
Anything Goes Class Information
We will have an Anything Goes class at each show, be creative and enter! (Offensive entries will not be allowed.) This class is not NAN-qualifying
Judge Shadow Program
Those interested are invited to shadow a judge during one of our No-Frills shows. If you would like to shadow a judge, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Judges will be listed on our website. GLC Inc. reserves the right to replace or switch judges as necessary.
All attendees of the Great Lakes Congress 2014 No Frills Show Series agree that the officers, members, and invitees of the Show conducted by the Great Lakes Congress, Inc., as well as the personnel of the Huntley Park District and their respective organizations are not and shall not be responsible for any liability loss including theft, personal injury, or property damage arising out of or in connection with the Show.